Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

Can I reset the engine light Buick system on a 97 Buick

Customer Question

Can I reset the engine light Buick system on a 97 Buick Skylark with a hell hand Diagnostics computer
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No they haven't
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm going to take it to the mechanic and I can put the Diagnostics on it and reset it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No but can I reset it well handheld Diagnostics
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 3 months ago.

hello . how are you . Yes on that vehicle you can use a " code reader " type scan tool to clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes . However if you have an " active " code even selecting " Clear Codes " while you have the key on , engine off , will not necessarily turn the Mil light Off as the DTC is A " current " and " hard " code that will require a component or electrical or mechanical component to be repaired or replaced .