Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I have a 2004 buick rendezvoux 3.4L. It acts like it is not

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 buick rendezvoux 3.4L. It acts like it is not getting gas and the rpm
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes, it is using more gas, starts fine in morning but after going a couple of blocks it starts to stall when I slow down for a stop sign. I push the gas peddle and the rpms race the engine backfires and it crawls forward - I have added seafoam gas additive and it has helped in the past but not any longer.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am wanting some clue as to what is going on with it now. this has been going on for about 2-3 months getting worse. I had the rear o2 sensor replaced and the catalitic converter replaced about 2 weeks before this began - it started with it only doing this occationally and it would go back to normal - so it thought it was a bad gas issue. Now it is everyday and I can't afford another $500 bill for repairs.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I've had this car about 3 years and the gas indicator gage does not work. It goes from full to empty when ever it feels like it. I gage my gas by the trip counter and
Category: Buick
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It seems like with the problem you are describing you should have a check engine light, is this correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my check engine light is on AGAIN

Man, it sounds like you have had a heck of a time with this car, I feel for you bud. I will need the code(s) in the computer to continue. They will give a clue as to what system is having trouble

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I check the codes

The best way to do it is take it to the car to a local big chain parts store like advance auto parts or auto zone and they will scan the codes and print them out for you for free.

Hi, I want to check in and make sure you received my last response and if you think this is something you would be able to do.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you. But since I am at work I am not able to go to autozone until tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, no problem. Let me know when you have the codes and we will continue trying to troubleshoot. Have a great night!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you have made any progress on retrieving the codes for your vehicle.

It's Josh again checking for an update. Were you able to get the codes for your car?