Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

Trouble codes b1982 and b1983 security light on will reset

Customer Question

trouble codes b1982 and b1983 security light on will reset but only for 30min and airbag light on and ac will only work with with negative pin on relay under hood grounded when you try to reset airbag says it cant communicate
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: reset dtcs,used bcm under dash by glove box does it with original and used one hoping to fix my self
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: tried rebuilt pcm and it wont program
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When a BCM is replaced on this model it has to be replaced with a new one as a used one is already programmed and locked to a different model.Also most BCM's need programmed by a dealer to operate properly in your model.If the used BCM is installed it may be causing the programming and communication faults in your model that can cause issues similar to this here.

Check for any damaged wiring needing repaired or replaced in the dash and leading to the BCM and PCM.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and all o.k. and you know the BCM is o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete