Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My left running light is delaying coming on for some reason.

Customer Question

My left running light is delaying coming on for some reason. If you put pressure on the turn signal switch as if you are going to turn the right turn signal on, it will come on. I replaced the turn signal switch, and still the same. Any ideas?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

What is the year make and model?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1999 Buick centiry
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You can call me
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

There was a payment failure. So we are unable to do the call at this time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Try it now. I updated.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Can you please clarify? Is it the turn signal delaying or a parking lamp? My immediate suspicion is a bad bulb socket. Do you have a test light and are you able to do a repair to electrical system?