Amedee, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Ivan, I have 2000 Buick LeSabre with passkey 3. Everything

Customer Question

Ivan, I have 2000 Buick LeSabre with passkey 3. Everything seemed fine the last time we drove it. The next time the security light was on and it would not crank. I've tried all the suggestions I could find online. The relearn procedure does not work. The security light never goes off when in the run position. So I don't think the relearn will ever work until I can figure out why it is starting on. I would appreciate your help in troubleshooting.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses? Can I get the codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an ODBII scanner and can only pull "p" codes, but none are present. I cannot pull any of the other codes as I do not have a TECH II scanner.I would very much like to find a likely cause and solution. Any troubleshooting steps would be great.
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and good morning! Sorry for the delay! There still should be codes in the computer related to the security system. Anyway, your ignition keys can be bad or the security module may be bad. I would start by checking the inputs to the security module first (powers and grounds) with the key in the ON position. It still should get power and ground with the key on even if the engine does not start. If all checks out good, I suspect the security module/theft module is bad and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have a diagram of where to check?
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

The location of the theft module?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
any schematics with where I should check.
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Here is the module location

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Here is a wiring diagram of the security system.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.