AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I need to remove the accessory tray and look behind it. It's

Customer Question

I need to remove the accessory tray and look behind it. It's the tray above the ashtray and below temp controls that pulls out and pushes in. Just need to pop it out and see what fell back there.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: There was $250 in folded bills tucked in there, and then they're gone. No noise can be heard, just want to lay eyes on the are behind the tray. I keep business cards and notepads in there. Thinking it was too full and when I closed it the papers/money got pushed behind it or down into the well.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2005 LeSABRE
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah it's almost 11pm, and it was an idea I had to double-check the tray. It's the last place I remember tucking the cash. I was just looking at the rails that the tray is mounted to, they slide along groves on the inside of the compartment. I thought I could pinch or squeez them some way to get the tray to come forward all the way out. I just want to see if anything fell back there. Like the missing 250.00
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I already took my Ambien and I may have to do this later in the day light.
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: I already took my Ambien. Sleeping pill from the VA. I thought this was a 2 minute job before I get too sleepy. I may have to do this later in the day light. when I can see better.
Category: Buick
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 months ago.

what kind of vehicle is this? I will see if I have the procedure your looking for.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2005 Buick LeSABRE
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you

Ok. Let me see what I have.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are there instructions you can email me?

You are trying to remove the ash tray, correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's an accessory tray above the ashtray, and beneath the heating and air controls. It slides forward and holds change, business cards, money, etc. About the size of a paperback novel. It sits above the ashtray. It's built in to the dash. Slides in and out.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Has two rails on each side that it operates on. Looked like a tab or some type of retaining clip could be moved and the rails would release so it would slide all the way forward and out. It's like a little drawer built into the dashboard. Right above the ashtray, but on the main dashboard just below the air flow, temp, defroster buttons.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you email intructions to me, or can I call back later? I'm out of time for tonight. Sorry.

That's fine. I'll attach the instructions right here. There are 4 screws holding it in. YOu have to remove the knee bolster and then the center trim panel. I will attach the instructions here.

Ok. Hopefully this will help you. tomorrow when you do it, please let me know how it goes or if you run into any issues. The link is below

ASH TRAY

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Brian! I'll check back later. Thanks for the help man!

Your welcome.

.