K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Pete, I have a 2000 lesabre that recently started to have a

Customer Question

Good afternoon Pete
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: I have a 2000 lesabre that recently started to have a grinding noise coming from the front left tire area. it seems to be fine sometimes, but as the car heats up it starts to make the noise. the car brakes and steers straight. I had a brake job a couple of months ago. I am ready to have the wheel bearing replaced hopping it will take care of it.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: it sounds like brake pads scrapping / grinding, but it happens while the car is on motion.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to have the wheel bearing replaced.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 6 months ago.

Hello, those symptoms are consistent with a bad wheel bearing. If it were doing it when cold too and since you recently had a brake job I would say to check the backing plate as it may have got bent. It's wise to catch it early like you are doing as wheel bearing failure can be life endangering.