Master auto tech.
Master auto tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  over 20 years repairing both import and domestic automobiles
17920890

I have a 2003 Buick LeSabre and the dashboard is raising up

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Buick LeSabre and the dashboard is raising up and I cannot seem to find a way to get it to stay down - I have tried Superglue; Gorilla glue; etc. Can you help me? ***@******.***
Category: Buick
Expert:  Master auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I have never had success in fixing it. I haven't heard of anyone who has either. The only guy I heard that did removed the whole dash and used bricks and a real strong epoxy. But he cleaned the back side thoroughly before glueing. Something that can't really be done with it in the car. You can buy a new dash pad and replace it fairly easily tho. It's about a 3 hr job to remove it and same installing. And there are many videos on how to do it. You can get a pad off eBay or jcwhitney.
And honestly if you were going to take it out to try glueing I'd just replace it. I wish there was an easier way but there isn't :-/
I'm sorry.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny