Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

How can I repair the drivers seat back and forth movement on

Customer Question

how can I repair the drivers seat back and forth movement on my 1999 buick century
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

is the seat stuck and no forward or back movement ?

have looked under and see if anything jamming it ?

if it is dirty and just need cleaning, take seat completely out of car and flip around and get a brake part cleaner can and clean it.

if the track is broke you can try to repair after you take out and see what broke

or you can get another seat from junk yard if it is beyond repairs

Let me know if you need anything else on it just reply back and we can contiunue , if you need diagrams or R & R procedure, but if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you &

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat

yours is manual or power seat ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
seat is in the forward position very close to the sheering wheel, I checked and there is no blockage and the motor will move the seat forward but not backward. What would you suggest I do , call someone and if so how much do you think it will cost (I am a 70 year old female)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is a power seat

ok , have you checked all fuse inside the cabin

next do you have a test light to check power and ground on the motor seat ?

did you check id the motor connector cane loose from moving the seat back and forth, shine a flash light down there and check