Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I got into my 1999 Buick century and 2 things seemed weird.

Customer Question

I got into my 1999 Buick century and 2 things seemed weird. First the steering wheel was play with and move up, and my power seat was moved forward and I can't get it to go back - what should I do
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: How can I make the seat to move backwards
JA: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I haven't and I guess I wanted to know how much it would cost for someone to look at it and fix it
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok is that by email
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: .no
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the steering locked in the up position and cannot be moved back to the position you need it at?

When you try and operate the seat does it make any noises when you try and operate it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.