Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

Awd disable light on 2003 rdv after a block of driving. why,

Customer Question

awd disable light on 2003 rdv after a block of driving. why
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: display panel
JA: What is the model of your '03 Buick?
Customer: renduvous
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes--nothng
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: has 175,000 miles first time it has happened
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This will come up when an issue is found with the rear differential itself or electronics like the actuator.I have also seen under the passenger rear seat area on the outside under side of the vehicle there are 3 connections that plug in that can corrode and cause this as well.

What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.Check the connections on the outside floor board under the drivers side rear seat area for any issues as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete