Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

I WAS WORKING WITH YOU ON THIS IN APRIL REPLACE IGNITION

Customer Question

I WAS WORKING WITH YOU ON THIS IN APRIL REPLACE IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER CAR WOULD STILL NOT CRANK OVER YOU ADVISED TO REPLACE IGNITION SWITCH I FINALLY GOT TIME TO REPLACE IT CAR STILL WONT START ANY IDEAS
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

does the starter have 12 volts at the small purple wire mat it when holding the key to crank ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
NO
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I CAN JUMP STARTER WITH KEY ON CAR WILL RUN ABOUT 8 SECONDS THEN STALL FUEL PUMP DOES NOT STAY RUNNING
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

the odds are this issue is the ignition lock cylinder itself not reading the key

was the ignition lock cylinder replaced as this key should have a small black chip in it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
LOCK CYLINDER WAS REPLACED AND GOT KEY FROM GM DEALER WITH BLACK CHIP AND RIGHT RESISTANCE
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ARE YOU STILL HELPING
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

if the key resistance is correct and it has a new lock cylinder and it still is not allowing it to crank and locking out the fuel and it shutting off when you jump the starter then the only thing left to cause this would be a bad theft module located behind the passenger side of the dash

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I TRIED ONE OF THOSE FROM A SAME YEAR RUNNING CAR WITH THE SAME PART NUMBER ON MODULE STILL WONT CRANK OVER
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
IS THERE A WAY TO BYPASS ANYTHING TO MAKE IT RUN
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
YOU HELP ME GET THIS CAR FIXED I WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD TIP
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

can you look into newrockies.com

they sell bypass kits do they show one for this car ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
CAN A GUY WIRE IN A RESISTOR TO BY PASS KEY TO SEE IF THAN NEW IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER IS NO GOOD
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I HAVE ONE OF THOSE KITS I TRIED THAT IN APRIL IT DIDNT HELP I PUT OLD MODULE BACK IN BUT I STILL HAVE THE ONE FROM NEWROCKIES
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

but the cylinder is brand new and all the resistor does is bypass the lock cylinder so if the new rockies did not work then there has to be a bad computer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
AT THAT TIME THERE WERE SOME FUSES WITH NO POWER THATS WHEN YOU ADVISED TO REPLACE IGNITION SWITCH I REPLACED THAT AND KNOW I HAVE POWER TO THOSE FUSES THE CYLINDER WAS NEW THATS WHAT I REPLACED FIRST
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

with it still not working after the bypass kit from newrockies the only thing left is the theft module is bad or the computer is bad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
DO YOU LEAVE THE THEFT MODULE PLUGED IN ALONG WITH THE BYPASS KIT WHEN I TRIED THE BYPASS KIT I UNHOOKED THE MODULE
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

yes plugged in is correct

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I DID NOT HAVE IT PLUGED IN THE DIRECTIONS WITH THE ROCKIES MODULE SAID THAT ELIMANATES THE THEFT MODULE I WILL WIRE IT BACK IN AND TRY IT
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

try it with it plugged in

if it still does not work the computer is bad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I WILL LET YOU KNOW
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

how are you making out ?