sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have a2000 buick lesabre limited frist thing in the morning

Customer Question

have a2000 buick lesabre limited frist thing in the morning wont start unless i step lightly on the gas pedle then it runs fine. i am waiting for my grilfriend to get off work now to see if it starts up alright i have never had a problem with the car when i drive it she says it likes me better ha ha can you help thanks Mike V.
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the problem happens immediately on startup then it won't be related to the oxygen sensor problem. The oxygen sensor signals aren't used for fuel feedback until the engine has ran for a few minutes.

Having to open the throttle to keep the engine running when cold is usually the result of a bad idle air control motor. The IAC is what allows air into the engine when the throttle is closed. Carbon in the throttle body or on the throttle blade can contribute, but this is most often due to sluggish IAC operation which would require IAC replacement.