Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

2002 regal- automatic climate control and no fan blowing at

Customer Question

2002 regal- automatic climate control and no fan blowing at any speed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses. Research on internet looking for a relay or to determine how to confirm that the problem relates to a fan motor resistor. I now am believing that the processor provides both functions
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 159,000
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On control panel, when you activate the "auto" switch, the fan display shows lights flashing across and the display stops at 4 dots. (Six dots is normally max fan speed)
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

Either the blower motor has failed or the fan switch which is part of the control head is failed to determine which voltage needs to be measured at the blower motor with the key on and switch on, should be 12 volts.if it is blower motor failed, if it is not control head fan switch is failed or a remote possibility of a wiring issue between the 2 components, usually the blower motor more often than the switch. Please Accept and Rate my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.