Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

The used car manager at the Ford dealership opened the

Customer Question

The used car manager at the Ford dealership opened the infotainment center on my 2010 Buick Enclave to check the version of the dvd for the navigation system. When he tried to put it back in, it wouldn't go. The shop said the battery terminal had to be removed for ten minutes so the unit would reboot. Still no luck. Any idea what may be wrong? Thanks
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: The battery looks brand new
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the same as the shop mechanic , but no luck
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If anything was damaged when this was taken apart and put back together this can cause this fault here and would need repaired.If all is o.k. with no damage it is possible a fault code had set in one or more computers disabling the operation of this here and the code may need cleared out/erased to correct this fault to allow the system to reboot and operate.

I would have the wiring and connections checked leading to this and make sure they are all o.k.Check for any damage when it was removed/taken apart.If these are all o.k. then I would have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault or those codes in some cases just need cleared out with a compatible scan tool to allow proper operation again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete