Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have a 1986 Buick grand national every time I plug up the

Customer Question

I have a 1986 Buick grand national every time I plug up the mass air sensor The car shut off I replaced it with a new one and it did the same
Category: Buick
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, check for a vacuum leak. sounds like air is getting in the engine past the maf.

hello???

do you still need assistance???????

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank David i fix the maf and the motors running better but when you power brake it it's holding back and popping like it has a governor something Ps if it's possible can I call you because I'm not so good with the computer

Hi Im trying to offer a phone call but its not letting me.... let me see what i can do.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello David for get about the live phone do have any ideas on the problem that i send you

Im going to opt out and let someone with more experience with racing performance issues take over.

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 8 months ago.

I will send you a phone offer

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HelloCustomerthank you did David tell you the problem I'm having with my 1986 Buick grand national I fix the maf and now now the acts like you have a governor on it it's on Excelerator and breaks up when trying to accelerate

yes I have access to the whole conversation, so sluggish and misfiring under load now that MAF issue resolved? Curious what was issue with MAF ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The turbo housing had a hole in it

So this solved part of your issue, but now you have a misfire under load, and it is sluggish as well?, Have you repaired or replaced the turbo?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
need anymore help i junk the car thank you for your help

You need to run a wet/ dry compression test to determine if the engine withstood the extreme lean operating condition, I wish I had better news for you, please do not shoot the messenger. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.