Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

Went on a trip in my 2000 buick laSebra and the cruise

Customer Question

went on a long trip in my 2000 buick laSebra and the cruise control wouldn't work.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: I replaced the #10 fuse. engine is v6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know were to start. The on/off switch on the steering egnites th light indicating its on but it goes off as soon as you take your finger off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the car only has 45 thousand on it. I had the interior detailed just before leaving on my trip. could the spray hurt the switch?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the switch light turns off or indicator for cruise turns off as soon as the switch is released this is due to a common internal electrical fault with the switch assembly itself.I have had to replace allot of these switches on this model before for this failure here.The new ones can usually be obtained from a dealer if available still and if not at a salvage yard.Your switch assembly needs replaced to correct this fault.It is an internal contact failure that causes this with the switch needing replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete