tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns repair shop 25 years
14541291

Checking fuel pressure we see much water in the fuel. It

Customer Question

checking fuel pressure we see much water in the fuel. It rained hard yesterday and we drove in the down pour.
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Sounds like water is coming into the fuel system someplace. Maybe we should take the tank out and try to find out where the ewater is going into the fuel.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 95 super charged engine. 3.8
JA: What year is your Buick?
Customer: 95
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the presuure test which showed us the milky colored water in the fuel
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the fule pimp was replaced abot 15 months ago. But even before the pump install we could smell gas after it was filled.
Category: Buick
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

has the fuel pump ever been replaced?

sorry,,i see it has..

there is no way for water to get into the fuel unless the seal on the fuel pump is bad or a hose is disconnected from the tank

the only other way is for it to be pumped in at the service station

i suggest removing the tank to inspect the fuel pump seal and the evap hoses

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p52fynawcguyado/0731-buick-Fuel%20Pipe%20Routing.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/p52fynawcguyado/0731-buick-Fuel%20Pipe%20Routing.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help