Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

When driving along the the car will act as if it is missing

Customer Question

when driving along the the car will act as if it is missing and runs rough, then may run ok for a while.This is an intermittent problem. I noticed that after filling gas tank it is difficult to start,crank over multiple times before starting. Buick LaCrosse 2005.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced gas cap. Replaced starter.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Check I gone light Is on, been that way a long time. Had
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Are there any warning lights on, if so can you get it scanned and tell me which codes are stored?

The fuel fill long crank concern is likely a EVAP system issue where as fuel is getting into the EVAP system and causing the engine to run rich. This can also cause a misfire as long as the vehicle is not in need of a tune up.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris