Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

My cigarette lighter was plugged in a few months ago and it

Customer Question

My cigarette lighter was plugged in a few months ago and it had a small safety pin stuck to the end of it. This blew my lighter and my radio. The clock still comes on, but I can't find internal fuses.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: One is located on the left side of the glove compartment. Those fuses do not look blown. The book says there is another one behind the fuse box. A man at the auto parts said there is also something under the hood.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 1994 Buick Century. It all quit working when she put the cigarette lighter in.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am now waiting for the company who worked on my car to repair my hood cable as I can't open the hood. I've had an Auto Zone employee check the inside fuses.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The auto drive control also quit working. I just had an inside (the radio) fuse replaced on my VW Cabriolet radio that had stopped working, that 's why this is interesting to me.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your Cigar light fuse is a 20 AMP fuse located in the interior fuse panel on the right side of the dash and its marked Cigar. See the wiring diagram in the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cig%20lighter%20Jul%2020.pdf

The fuse for the radio is the 10 AMP fuse in the same panel labeled Radio. See the diagram in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Radio%20Jul%2020.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sir, I had already checked this along with my mechanic. He thinks it may be the relay under the hood. I'm sorry you answer has already been addressed
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

There is no relay under the hood for the cigar lighter or the radio.