Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

My cigarette lighter was plugged in a few months ago and it

Customer Question

My cigarette lighter was plugged in a few months ago and it had a small safety pin stuck to the end of it. This blew my lighter and my radio. The clock still comes on, but I can't find internal fuses.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: One is located on the left side of the glove compartment. Those fuses do not look blown. The book says there is another one behind the fuse box. A man at the auto parts said there is also something under the hood.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 1994 Buick Century. It all quit working when she put the cigarette lighter in.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am now waiting for the company who worked on my car to repair my hood cable as I can't open the hood. I've had an Auto Zone employee check the inside fuses.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The auto drive control also quit working. I just had an inside (the radio) fuse replaced on my VW Cabriolet radio that had stopped working, that 's why this is interesting to me.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your Cigar light fuse is a 20 AMP fuse located in the interior fuse panel on the right side of the dash and its marked Cigar. See the wiring diagram in the link below.

The fuse for the radio is the 10 AMP fuse in the same panel labeled Radio. See the diagram in the link below.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sir, I had already checked this along with my mechanic. He thinks it may be the relay under the hood. I'm sorry you answer has already been addressed
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

There is no relay under the hood for the cigar lighter or the radio.