Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2002 Buick rendevous and the AWD disabled and ABS

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Buick rendevous and the AWD disabled and ABS lights keep coming on. Already replaced driver front bearings but light keeps coming on. Then Service vehicle light came on. Any suggestions?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: Not here at home, Hubby canget it where he works. I was just researching
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced driver front bearings and speed sensor.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** both lights always come on at the same time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Yes I am here still, it sounds like you have another wheel bearing failing. Let me know what codes are when you get a chance to check. You can have them checked at your local parts store for free. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. Hubby has to take it to the shop so they can put it on the computer again. I will not drive it as I am concerned that the brakes might fail , especially after the service vehicle light came on as well this last time.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

The brakes won't fail, you are safe to drive. Let me know when you get a chance to have codes checked, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** in the mountains and have a lot of steep hills. Do I just log onto this website or is there another way to contact you?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OH forgot to tell you that 4 times the car shut off when brakes were applied. Had to put in park in middle of intersection and restart the car. Thank God No one hit me
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like you may have a couple unrelated problems. The stalling during braking points toward a dirty throttle body but brakes are still fine, just not the anti-lock function. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sure think Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

No problem, I'll talk to you later.