Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

WHEN I TRY TO START IT NOTHING HAPENS IT DONT CLICK OR

Customer Question

WHEN I TRY TO START IT NOTHING HAPENS IT DONT CLICK OR NOTHING IF I TRY IT 3 OR 4 TIMES MORE IT WILL START. NOW IAM THINKING IT MITE BE THE ING SWITCH/
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on? What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: IT JUST STARTED THIS MORING AND IT IS A 1995 BUICK LA SABRA.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES AND I HAVE BEEN AAS AND DIESEL MECH. FOR 30 + YEARS BUT I HAVE BEEN RETIRED BY MY DOCTER 16 YEARS AGO . I DONT LIKE LIKE TO BE PARTS CHANGER AS I AM ON A LIMETED INCOME I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING YET.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: ITS NOT THE BATERY BECUSE LIGHTS ALL WORK.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

when it will not start can you see if the small purple wire at the starter solenoid shows 12 volts at it when you hold the key to the crank position ?