virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  over 15 years repairing both import and domestic automobiles

Car loses fuel prime sometimes2001 buick lsabre

Customer Question

car loses fuel prime sometimes2001 buick lsabre
Category: Buick
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So your fuel pump is the problem. What happens is the anti drain back valve in the pump fails and it drains back so it takes a long time of cranking to start.Let me know if this is what is happening or if you need further help.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.