Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

It won't start. It had been having some issues with

Customer Question

it won't start. It had been having some issues with hesitation and such at highway speeds..then it was having an issue with needing a jump start.then it just won't start now.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine won't turn over. The battery is one of the things I thought but it seems to be ok.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 1994 lesabre custom
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is my son's car..he and his friend replaced the fuel pump and filter.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It has low miles, only 81,345 . the radio and fan,and radio all work as do the lights but it just won't crank over. Other than the jumpstart issue and the occasional hesitation it was running fine..I drove it to the store,turned it off, started it and drove a couple miles to a friend's house , parked it and a few hours later it wouldn't start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello

hey how are you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good but having trouble with my car

after the fuel pump replacement , do you hear the fuel pump running when you turn switch from off to on? its supposed to prime the fuel rail, so it will come on for few secs, you will a small buzing sound ?

can you check for me and let me Know

Thanks

we need fuel and spark to start , so we either missing both or one , lets starts with fuel , since it has been replaced ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I haven't heard any noise coming from it

do we have a test light that we can check if we getting power to it , you can check at the connector at fuel pump , key on , engine off

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not

ok let me look up the fuel pump relay location , give me few minutes, be right back , but if you dont hear it buzzing for few secs , we either have a bad fuel pump relay or connection issue to it ?

under the hood inside the fuse box , check relay labeled N, that is the fuel pump relay ,swap it with one like it and see if that will make the fuel pump run, since no test light available ?

let me know thanks

Chad ( aka-Customer

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thanks

you welcome , let me know

Chad (aka-Jhook1398)

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Did you get fixed ? if you like some more help on it please just let me know

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)