Master auto tech.
Master auto tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  over 20 years repairing both import and domestic automobiles
17920890

I have lost both sets of keys to my Buick century. How can I

Customer Question

I have lost both sets of keys to my Buick century. How can I go about getting another set??
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: What is a key fob
JA: What year is your Century?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything just need another set for the door & ignition
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No not that Ik of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Master auto tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So there's two things you can do.
First if you take your car registration and your drivers liscence to the Buick or Chevy dealership they can make you a new key. They can do it based on your vin. But they need proof it's your car. Hence the drivers license and Registration.Or you can call a locksmith and they can come make you a set. But this is more expensive and time consuming.Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.Thanks
Sonny.

Do you still need help with this problem or was my information helpful? please let me know. and if I was helpful please kindly rate my help.

Thanks

Sonny