Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Is this information free? after I tell them my problem they

Customer Question

is this information free?
JA: The Buick Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: after I tell them my problem they tell me how much they charge?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I left the ignition key turned on all night. The next day the car would not start, would not even crank, no click, nothing. I tried to jump start it and it would not jump.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Put a new battery in it today and got the same thing. additionally the trunk will not open the rear windows wont go down, the dash says that the traction control is turned off.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2006 Buick Lucerne 3.6L
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, my goal is to fix it myself, I put new batrtery in it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it seems like the electrical system is not function properly like it needs to be reset or something.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a special sequence that is required to reset the ECM after the battery is drained and replaced with a new battery?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when can I expect an answer, I understand it is a Holiday but I was under the impression that "buick Mechanics were on stand-by answering questions"?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I believe I can help on this concern which all others have passed on. Though I see you have waited a long time do you want or still need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is very frustrating.
No info.