Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2010 Buick Enclave. Front Windshield Fluid will not work.

Customer Question

2010 Buick Enclave. Front Windshield Fluid will not work. The pump is not getting any power. I replaced the pump anyway and it is still not not working. There is only one fuse. When I pull it, it looks fine and the wipers do not work. When I put the fuse back in, everything works except the front washer fluid. I am thinking it is a bad switch in the drivers compartment.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes. Checked the fused. I am not sure where the the wiper motor is, but the wipers work, so I am not worried about that.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the washer fluid pump. Checked the fuses. I would like to fix it myself, but I really do not want to pull the IP apart to get to the washer switch.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not sure.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** pump gets power from the 10 amp FRT/WSW fuse on interior fuse box. That fuse gets power from the Windshield Washer Pump relay which is also on the interior fuse box. Check use and if good replace relay. Let me know how it goees, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Dan. Sorry for the delay. I checked the fuse. It was fine. I swapped the fuse with another for good measure with no change. I then swapped the relay with the lift gate relay as they are the same relay. The liftgate works fine and the front washer still does not work.