rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 1998 buick lesabre will not blow air out the midvents but

Customer Question

my 1998 buick lesabre will not blow air out the midvents but it comes out the defrost and floor vents. It has automatic temp control. thank you
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: since I bought the car seven months ago . 115000 miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. trying to find the right fuse I am good at repairs
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: blower works fine ac works
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

This is controlled by a blend door inside the heater box under the dash board. these can be vacuum or electric operated, but you need to open up the heater box either way to repair it, and this is NOT an easy job to do.

Thanks, Ron