Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

My 2004 buick rainier is not blowing out center vents only

Customer Question

my 2004 buick rainier is not blowing out center vents only rear vents and window defrost
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if it is something simple I can fix myself. have not tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the "HVAC B" fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds. Install the "HVAC B" fuse. Start the vehicle. Do NOT change any value on the HVAC Control Module. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate. If problem still exists that means the mode actuator needs to be replaced which is about a $300 job at a shop. Dash needs to come apart. Let me know if you have more questions or would like replacement instructions, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Dan! I will try this and get back with you if I have any problems.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good, keep me updated. Thanks!