Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have an 02 buick lasabre in the last 5 months it was

Customer Question

I have an 02 buick lasabre in the last 5 months it was random miss firing change spark plugs coils intake gasket all sensors each time they changed something it would run ok then come back, change coils again had to go to high performance coils running ok again yesterday turned off started it back up fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge not working and no passing on gas pedal one speed only and today missing is back??
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 10 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I assume you had a code 300 for random miss fire?? if you did, the most common issue is low fuel pressure. I would start with getting a fuel pressure tester and checking the fuel pump. it may be low enough to run the engine but not give good performance.

Roy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they have gone through everything replaced fuel regulator mechanic is at a loss they said its electric how about the ecm

thats the last thing I would go to.

you need to start with a fuel pressure test to verify the pump is good.

Roy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i don't think we are on the same page. did you read the last part on page 1

I read your original post on this post, yes.

I read your post but I do not guess or throw parts at a car without confirming a failure. anyone who is a tech has a process of diagnostics and follow those processes until you find the failure, then you replace the failed part.

I am sorry if you dont agree with that. maybe someone else can help you with your guessing to see if you find the failure.

good luck

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I told you that everything and i mean everything has been checked and checked again by a mechanic with proper tools, I don't think low fuel pressure would cause oil sending unit not to work? I wanted to try this just answers to see if any body had a problem like this, sorry to have wasted your time I wasted 24.00!!

your primary problem listed is the random miss fire.

when you tell me things are fine, I need specifics. I take no ones word for anythng as I dont know them.

good luck