C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.
73583367

I have a 2012 Buick Lacrosse with 45,000 miles. It takes a

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Buick Lacrosse with 45,000 miles. It takes a long time for the A/C to get cool (15 minutes and never really gets cold). Took it to the dealer and they put a half pound of refrigerant in it. No change so took it back. Dealer found no problem. My question is, should the radiator cooling fans come on automatically (even when the car has been setting in the garage over night) when started with the A/C on?
Category: Buick
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 12 months ago.

Good morning, anytime the AC is activated no matter how cold or hot the engine is the radiator cooling fan will turn on. There is two fans total one for the engine and one for the ac. Whenever the ac turns on the fan will always turn on to keep the evaporator cool. So if everything is working as it should but you feel the air conditioning is not working as it should this could be that it needs to have the AC temp blend door replaced. It is very possible the door is not allowing all of the cold air to flow in.

Good morning, this is part of the vehicles security system. It is normal for this to come on when you first insert the key or right while you are exiting the vehicle. If it is doing it outside of those times this can mean that the system needs to be rebooted and possibnly reprogramming the security system.

Disregard the last reply that was for another customer. Thanks.