Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2000 lesabre custom. /C blows cold out of right side vents

Customer Question

2000 lesabre custom. For A/C blows cold out of right side vents but warm on drivers side. I found 3 actuator motors (2 onAre there 2
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Yes had freon checked. Compressor checked evacuated and recharged.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: After checking compressor and having it evacuated and recharged, I Jane checked 3 blend doors motors. All are working good.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes, fix myself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tracer replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am a bit confused from typos in your post, I understand the question but do not understand how you tested, what you tested and so on,. Can you reword the post? thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, had a/c tested compressor etc. They evacuated the system and recharged it. It was blowing a little colder out of all vents, but drivers side still much warmer. 80-90 degrees driver side, 55-60 passenger side while idling.
Expert:  Tracer replied 5 months ago.

got that but you spoke of actuators, testing, working fine, 2 or 3 etc just trying to gather all the information to see how I can assist

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just checked the motors for the air under the dash. I found 3 motors. One controls inside/outside air, one for temp, and one for defrost/vent/floor. All 3 motors are working correctly.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I saw somewhere that there may be a 4th motor. This is a lesabre custom, no dual zone temp controls.
Expert:  Tracer replied 5 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** not help as unsure without dual zone, I will opt out and open your post to the other experts

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If so, where would it be? The 3 I found are 2 on the pass side and one on drivers side.