Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

The drivers door module on my 08 lucerne has no power, it

Customer Question

The drivers door module on my 08 lucerne has no power, it started with it not working with the door open but worked fine with it closed till yesterday. All other windows work as well as the locks. I believe I have an open wire. I need to get the window up asap due to rain.mI have power on both terminals at the motor.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your Lucerne?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the back seat out and checked the fuse. 15a and its ok, power is at the fuse too.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: took the door panel off to see if there was anything obvious but found nothing other then power on both terminal of the window
motor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Have you checked the wires in the rubber boot between the door and cabin? Thats usually where they break.

Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

To quickly get the window up unplug the motor and run a power and ground from a 12 volt battery to the motor. If you touch the wires to the motor and it dont move reverse them and it should go up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was going to check the wires there just haven't yet. I'll have to expose the wires at the motor plug to do that as the leads are too deep inside the plug to risk shorts
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Well however you have to do it that will get the window up so it dont get rained in and if you pull back the rubber boot in between the door and the cab I bet you will find your issue.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks and I'll do that
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

No problem. Have a good weekend.