Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

My back up camera is not working, 2013 lacrosse, I just

Customer Question

My back up camera is not working
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2013 lacrosse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just thought by trying to wipe the camera lens would work but it's only showing a white screen
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here can usually be caused by a fault with the camera itself.I have seen the camera fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/diagnosed to locate which component is at fault here.The codes read out with the correct scan tool will help diagnose and locate this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete