Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

With a/c on.... I have warm air on drivers side, cold on

Customer Question

with a/c on.... I have warm air on drivers side, cold on passenger..... how do I fix this?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: there are no leaks,,,,, levels are fine,,,, A/C charged and vent actuator working properly,,,,, I there another diverter somewhere ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2000 lesabre custom
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've removed and test actuator,,,,, vent diversion is fine from defrost -- vents-- bi-level etc,,,, just can't figure out why warm air is coming from one side ( drivers)
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was working fine,,,,,, then suddenly the problem started,,,,,,,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you are sure your system is full and the pressures are correct then I would start first with re-calibrating the system first and that dose not solve the problem the check the voltage readings at the drivers actuator. Ii have enclosed both steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Actuator%20Jun%2022.pdf