Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

I have a 1999 Buick Regal ..cooling fans or digital display

Customer Question

HI im Mike i have a 1999 Buick Regal ..cooling fans or digital display inside..stalls out when temperature gauge reaches middle of reading.please help
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: 207,000 and yes it is full of coolant but the reading inside still says low coolant
JA: What is the model of your '99 Buick?
Customer: Regal Supercharged
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes..fuses and a new gas cap
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There is a connector underneath unplugged but i cant find where it connects to at all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The fault with the low coolant light on all the time wont cause the stall out but the warning light can be due to an internal electrical fault in the coolant level sensor which is usually located in the radiator itself.I have had to replace this sensor before for this issue here.I would have this tested to be sure it needs replaced.

The stall out when warmed up can commonly be caused by a failing crank position sensor,this sensor is seated at the front crank pulley/harmonic balancer and heats up with the engine.Then when it is weak it causes the engine to stall out like this when hot and the vehicle usually has to sit a period of time before it will restart but will usually act up again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete