Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I have a 96 Buick park Ave & the dome lights & lights on

Customer Question

I have a 96 Buick park Ave & the dome lights & lights on Door will not shut off. The done light is hot to touch
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Fuses are hard to get too. Way underneath
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 96 Buick park ave
JA: What year is your Buick?
Customer: 96
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well given time of day too late to take it any where. I have restarted car drove it light would not go off. I have locked & unlocked car. My driver's side auto lock does not work I use a pencil to lock doors. I have tried the auto lock on passenger side
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: This happened once last yr. I took it in & it never stayed on for mechanic to ck reason why. I had a neighbor try to ck the fuses but he could not get them. Last time I had to unhook cable to battery so it would not drain but now opening hood is a challenge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: It has also been in the 98 to 100 degrees all week
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing with the dome lights can be caused by any of the following.

• Body Control Module (BCM)
  • Shorted Door Handle Switch
  • Shorted Remote Function Actuator Module
  • Shorted Wiring
    In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Dome%20light%20Jun%2018.pdf

See the wiring diagram for reference in this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Dome%20light%20wiring%20JUn%2018.pdf