Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Do i have to pay, 2000 buick lasabre, well it wont crank i

Customer Question

do i have to pay
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2000 buick lasabre
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well it wont crank i put in a phone charger and it blu th acess fuse i replaced the fuse but now it wont crank
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: yes 10 amp
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: well i turn the key on to crank and the dash lights go out and there is nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

what is the problem you having with your buick ?

sound like the battery dead , if you turn and have nothing have u checked battery ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no not battery almost new when i turn ing on full dash lights want to thinkit more inpcm fuse or blown module i checked pcm fuse its ok
cant afford to call
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have full batt power
Ok does the dash dims down when u try to start it or goes out completely when u have the key in the start postion ?
If it does go out and battery full and u checked all the fuses and no security light on or flashing then u need a starter motorIt is only 0.7 hr labor Part I say $ 100 for Starter
Hope I was helpful to you , let me know if you need anything else
This post will stay open for you to come back and ask any follow up question you have on this issueChad Farhat
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when i turn key to start dash lights go out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry i lost power to my pc

I say you need a starter , its a good idea to have somebody at starter and one at igntion key and see if there is power down at the starter solenoid if u have power , it is definite the starter, if you dont have power to the starter than , it is the switch or the wiring to the switch

did u see the diagrams i sent you

Its okay , i lost my internet today cause a storm for 2 hrs :)