C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.
73583367

I cannot remove the right rear door of my buick 08 without

Customer Question

i cannot remove the right rear door of my buick 08 without completely demolishing the door. Who designed this pile. It is awful to get into????!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: removed the screw behind door latch but cannot get to the other screws without tearing the door handle apart
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: thats the plan
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: other than I am about to kick the door panel in No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 8 months ago.

What is the model of your buick?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2008 buick lucerne
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the special panel fork to pull the door off but the christmas trees are so far back in there the door starts to crack when I put the fork in there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you there?

Yes first you have to remove the bezel cover. You will than remove the screw holding inside handle on. You will than use your tool going around the door to get the retainers popped loose and they will be stubborn most of the time you will end up replacing a few as they do break. Once you do that you will be able to lift and get in behind to release the door handle lever. I have attached images to assist.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You will than remove the screw holding inside handle on. how do i get to it?

You first have to remove the bezel cover you have to use a screw driver and pop the bezel off first. This will expose the screw.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there are no other screws holding that panel on besides the screw under the bezel?

No just the hard plastic clips.