Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

My key won't start my car it say starting disabled : No it's

Customer Question

My key won't start my car it say starting disabled
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No it's a 2005 lacrosse all the lights come on but won't turn over
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I put the key in ignition and turn the lights come on the car recognizes the key but when to crank it's says starting disabled
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put the key in ignition switch to the second click and waited for ten minutes trying to reprogram it
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: It was recently repo just it back yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

GM has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are having that may very well be related to the problem you are having. It calls for reprogramming the ECM to solve this issue. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20Service%20bulletin%20Jun%2012.pdf