Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

My 2002 Buick Rendezvous suddenly jerks makes kind a short

Customer Question

My 2002 Buick Rendezvous suddenly jerks makes kind a short hissing noise and sputters, then goes back to normal, after a little while it goes back to sputtering, to sometimes turn off, it takes a few minutes to re-start it. At first, I was told by a "professional" that it was the Catalytic Converter, so I spent $700 only to continue with the same problem, except now it makes a chirping noise under neat. I only drove a mile from the muffler shop that installed the Cat to my house and the Cat had already turned from clean silver color to blue-ish, red-ish color.
I found a little tube coming out of the engine cover which looked like it should have a hose, maybe exhaust or something. I bought a rubber cap at Autozone and capped it, it improved the "rythm" of the engine but the problem persisted.
Please help!! this is the only car I have with AC and we're getting 104 degrees temperature in the Inland Empire in CA.
Feel free to contact me at***@******.***
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 4 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

can you post a picture for me to view???

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A picture of the vehicle, or the engine?.

the engine where you capped off lines and such