Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I need to remove Ignition switch from 1995 Buick Century It

Customer Question

I need to remove Ignition switch from 1995 Buick Century It is stuck in the lock position
JA: How many miles on the car? How is the battery running?
Customer: 130.000. And brand new battery
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Missionis stuck in the lock position it will not move the key will not move the tumblers have all stuck in one position they won't move
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Really, this is not helpful at all. Are you going to send me the instructions diagrams or whatever?It is hot and I need to get this repaired don't have time to chat. .i m a grown man that and work on my own car.
JA: Thanks. But let's not follow that up. Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: No thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The tumblers will have to be drilled out so that the cylinder can be turned, (with a screwdriver) to remove the lock cylinder and install a new one,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I won't have to take off the steering wheel or remove air bags?
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Yes, that all has to come off whether the lock cylinder turns or not. However when they don't turn we have to drill them out.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,