Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Would the oil presure sending unit on a 2003 buick Lesabre,

Customer Question

Would the oil presure sending unit on a 2003 buick Lesabre, prevent the fuel pump from running I've changed the fuel pump and relay. What else could it be? Zero fuel pressure. What else can I check?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today
I will look up the wiring diagram
For the fuel pump and let you know ,I will also send you what you need to check .I will post the reply as soon as I can for you.Thank YouChad ( aka -Customer)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chad
what do you suggest I check next?
Are you getting power to pump ,I need you to check for ground when u trying to start it , is pump running for few secs at , ignition on ?
How many miles on it
What was the Intial problem for changing fuel pump , fuel on rail
Is oil light flickering , need to check connection to oil sending unit ?
I m going to send u a wiring diagram for it, I just have not been back to my shop yet to do that, I m on road on my mobile now .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My daughter was driving the car it just shout off at 40mph, half a tank of gas. It would not restart we towed it to her home. 47,000 miles one previous owner my father. The oil light was not flickering. The fuel pump does not run for a few seconds when key is turned. Also yesterday I tried to start the engine with starter fluid and would not start on 3 attempts it just cranked.
Is there any check engine on the dash? If can scan the car for fault codes be best , auto zone ,advance auto etc will do it for free ,then let me know the codes if any ?
Most possible causes :
if u check for spark at time of no start and don't have any it is probably;
1- the crank shaft postion sensor
2- no fuel at time of no start , check fuel pump
3- check oil pressure sensor , if no fuel pump running
That is a low mile car ,it should not a be major problemsLet me knowThank you
Chad akaCustomer