rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have 3.6 L that turns over sound like it tring to fire but

Customer Question

I have 3.6 L that turns over sound like it tring to fire but wont run
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: What?
JA: What is the model of your '2147481646 Buick?
Customer: Buick Lacrosse 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: small amount stating fluid and checked the fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it tries to run
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You need to start with checking the fuel pressure with a gauge, then also check for a good spark at the plugs when cranking it.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks will give a try. How much pressure should I have?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

55-60 PSI

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.