Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. certified

Overheats rapidly (almost instantly). engine, water pump and

Customer Question

overheats rapidly (almost instantly). engine, water pump and thermometer new April 2015. Suspect coolant fans? want to know what fuse/s might impact the fans
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine? Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 177K but this engine only about 5K It's the larger of two engines available for the 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: my regular mechanic shop wants to go straight to "it's a head or head gasket" even though no cloudy oil, no oil in coolant. so I am hoping to at least be able to check are the fuses all good, do the fans come on, is the thermostat sticking, before letting them tear into a new remanufactured engine
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: Also a new transmission but starting to have a variety of electrical issues. I asked my shop if it could just be fuses because they are all original to manufacture and that's 13 or so years old and they say no. I was planning to check them all myself but it's been years since I used to help my dad with cars and haven't done much on my own.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Do the fans eventually come on when it gets hot and you did say fans, so it does have 2, correct?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?