C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

Traction control problems : Traction control going on and

Customer Question

Traction control problems
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Traction control going on and off intermittently even on dry pavement
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I have been a mechanic all my life even familiar with the newer cars
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: What I always do first that is to locate someone who has already had that problem
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: Everything else is working perfectly it isn't 06 rendezvous 70000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

Have you removed and cleaned all 4 of the wheel speed sensors yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No have done nothing

Each wheel has a speed sensor. This is the information the vehicle uses to know when a wheel is slipping to turn on the traction control. Many times it just gets rusty or dirty and a good cleaning will do the trick. If that does not do the trick one if likely faulty. You can test these simply using a volt meter on AC volts key on with wheels off the ground backprobe with a paper clip or similar turn the wheel with volt meter connected as you move the wheel should give out a reading if not sensor is bad.

On this model the rear sensor is built into the hub but you can still check and make sure no damage to the wires and do the test if the front ones being cleaned does not fix the issue. I have loaded the steps below.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.