rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I : Im. i recently chanved plugs and wkres on my 2002

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hi. Im. Michelle i recently chanved plugs and wkres on my 2002 rendevouz now im getting a worse miss fire than before
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking the wires to tbe coils
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: 152000
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: Itc has a bad fuel injector
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

A bad injector will cause a misfire too, but the wiring and plugs you put in may not be the correct resistance. If the resistance is too high, there will be a misfire. They also need to be a very high quality wire. if you can check for codes too, that would be great.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks, Ron