Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

It start and run but it say unknown driver how do I fix it :

Customer Question

It start and run but it say unknown driver how do I fix it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just brought it it got front end damage which was bumper,hood,side fender it make a motor noise by the exhaust an airbags deployed but I'm about to install new ones it say unknown driver when I crank it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can't find a mechanic
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I got a code test 12 came up one was body control module,barometric pressure sensor,egr valve exhaust pressure map sensor,manifold absolute pressure map sensor,
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: B1117
JA: Huh?
Customer: B1124
JA: Huh?
Customer: These the other codes I don't what they are B1117,B1124,b1126,b1151,p1571,p1602,p1630
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for any of us to be able to try and help you with these codes we are going to need more information. Need to know what your working on, year, make and model please. Post back when you can with complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1997 Buick pArk ave ultra
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Front end damage
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay thank you for that, If you remove the negative battery cable and clear all the fault codes, which ones reset?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I reset the codes
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

All you need to do is remove the negative battery cable for a few minutes. This will clear all fault codes. Do this and let me know what resets.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did that it still say unknown driver
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay can you now re-scan the system and tell me what the fault codes are that reset?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll have to go to advance 2morrow dnt have a tester
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay , let me know what you find and we can work from there.