Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My key key is locked I'm my ignition an it has the car with

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: My key key is locked I'm my ignition an it has the car with the lock icon on as well. Its a 2013 Buick verano
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: YouMy key key is locked I'm my ignition an it has the car with the lock icon on as well. Its a 2013 Buick verano
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried to pull it out so far
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: Not at this point
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Can you check the battery voltage, low voltage could cause this.

If you remove fuse 19 under the dash, can the key now be removed?

If the fuse trick works then we need to do some electrical diag at the key capture solenoid using a DVOM if you can.

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. You have already paid all the fees, now its time to rate the answer. Rating pays me from your deposit. I am only paid through not by the website if you rate me. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris