Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile

Passenger side air conditioner only blows hot air : 2011

Customer Question

Passenger side air conditioner only blows hot air
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2011 Buick Enclave
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes that would save $ and time!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other than google and owners manual, to no avail
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 5 months ago.

hello . I can help you with this

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That would be awesome thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ready when you are Kevin

1 - Air Temperature Sensor - Upper Left 2 - Air Temperature Actuator - Left 3 - Air Temperature Sensor - Lower Right 4 - Air Temperature Actuator - Right 5 - Mode Actuator 6 - Air Temperature Sensor - Upper Right 7 - Blower Motor 8 - Blower Motor Control Module 9 - Evaporator Temperature Sensor 10 - Air Temperature Sensor - Lower Left

can you switch through all of the " mode " settings and they work ? defrost , floor , to dash , blend ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Checking now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All modes work

okay . good . but it is only cold on one side ?

is it a digital or LCD display and ia there no flashing lights on the display ?

it seems that the electric actuator for the temperature control is not working . That can be caused by a physical obstruction preventing it from moving or simply a faulty actuator . What you need to do from here is using the diagram I sent , remove the actuator and see if you can manually move the temperature door .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Alright. Problem is I'm running out of daylight and I have no idea how to remove my dash. Can a layman remove the dash easily?

it is a very involved procedure I am sorry to say . Yes

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much do you think is an acceptable charge from my mechanic to do this? I'm pretty sure I don't necessarily need to take it to the Buick dealer. They tend to charge and extra 50% :)

I am sorry . Are you in the US ? let me see . please wait . Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yep. Chicago. Appreciate your help.

according to the time guide it says for the right side actuator . it can take 1 hour , for the left side actuator it can take 3/4 of an hour . These times seem awfully optimistic to me . what you need to do is to be sure you ask the shop/technician to first confirm that after removing the electronic actuator that the " mechanical workings , the door " can manually move . something as simple as a pen , pencil or a coin can block these doors from moving which can cause even more labour time to be expended to fix this problem .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you!

good luck . I am interested to know what you find . I would appreciate it if you can get back to me and tell me how you make out . Thank You for using just answer . Sincerely ***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will do Kevin!

okay thanks again! . I hope that you are satisfied with my answers regarding your issue , if you feel so inclined to accept this I would also appreciate it if feel it is deserving that you might be so kind as to give me a positive feedback ratin . thanks again

Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 4 months ago.

Thanks !